Austin Hope Sauvignon Blanc
Wine Club Exclusive
The first Austin Hope Sauvignon Blanc is exclusively for our Cellar Club members! Memories of tropical vacations are sure to be recalled while drinking this beautiful wine.
HARVEST NOTES –
From late-spring through August we saw variable weather patterns including unseasonal high temperatures that slowed vine and berry growth. The 2019 harvest was delayed and compact with slightly below-average yields but ideal flavors. We mainly sourced our Sauvignon Blanc from a young, first-year production hillside vineyard in the Estrella District of the Paso Robles Appellation. This vineyard is planted at 1400’ on a south-facing slope, allowing for optimal ripening and fruit maturity.
After harvesting, grapes for the Austin Hope Sauvignon Blanc (“Savvy B”) were whole-cluster pressed into stainless steel tanks for settling. The juice was then racked off its heavy lees into barrels and tanks for fermentation 85% of the juice was barrel fermented while the other 15% was fermented in stainless steel. The barrel fermented portion saw 6 months of sur-lie aging and during the first three months, the barrels were stirred monthly to add to the creamy nature of the wine. After the final blend was assembled, the wine was gently crossflow filtered before bottling.
TASTING NOTES –
This wine is a lovely soft yellow with aromas of Meyer lemon, honey suckle and cream. Flavors of rich lemon curd and hints of vanilla are brightened with balanced acidity. This medium bodied Sauvignon Blanc is elegantly luxurious without being over the top. An overall exceptional wine.