Austin Hope Chardonnay

After harvesting, grapes for the Austin Hope Chardonnay were whole-cluster pressed into stainless steel tanks for settling. The juice was then racked off its heavy lees into barrels and tanks for fermentation: 65% of the juice was barrel fermented while the other 35% was fermented in stainless steel. The barrel fermented portion saw 11 months of sur-lie aging and during the first 5 months, the barrels were stirred monthly to add to the creamy nature of the wine. The initial blend was assembled in June of 2019 and racked once to blend and filter in September 2019. 

Austin’s first Chardonnay under the Austin Hope label. A voluptuous Chardonnay with unbelievable structure.  Rich aromas of honey and toast brightened by hints of white flower.  The aromas continue through to the palate. Full mouth feel that is lightened by fresh flavors of peach and layers bright citrus accents, the wine is finished with clean minerality and unbelievable richness in your glass.

  • Vintage


  • Varietal


  • Appellation

    Central Coast

  • Alcohol


black and white image of grapes